Euma and szlldm did it again
(for OsX make sure you take the monterey v2 version, the previous one was missing some codecs)
New HiDPI compatible button set
Fast method to add partial filters via CTRL+F shortcut
Audio department improvements
custom frame rate change (audio stretch with pitch control)
configurable compressor (DRC)
independent channel gain options
independent channel delay options
channel remap options
new downmix options: stereo headphone and headphone virtual surround
audio track configuration up to 32 tracks
volume setting is saved upon exit
Light and dark theme options in View menu
Option to remember selected resize method in "Resize", "Fit to size" and "Zoom" filters
New filter: 3D LUT
New filter: Decimate
New filter: Arbitrary Rotate
New video encoder: VideoToolbox HEVC ("ffVTEncHEVC", macOS only)
HDR tonemapping performance and quality improvements
Extended file info
Rotating mouse wheel over buttons to seek by 60 seconds cycles through 1/2/4/60 seconds seek modes
Support for decoding 8-bit VP9 in hardware via DXVA2 on Windows and via VDPAU on Linux with graphics cards featuring a VP9 decoder
Buttons to seek to selection start (A) and end (B) in on-the-fly video filter preview
Logo image in "Add logo" video filter configuration dialog is now scalable, can be repositioned by dragging
By default, on-the-fly preview in video filter configuration dialogs is now rendered using OpenGL to improve performance in HiDPI conditions
Crash on copy to clipboard if selection extends to the end of video, a regression introduced in v2.8.0
Crashes in "Resample FPS" video filter with motion interpolation enabled
Crash on finishing encoding with the vp9 encoder
Avidemux falling victim to a crash in VA-API driver triggered by probing on application startup on Linux with some recent hardware
Crash loading MPEG-TS or MPEG-PS file with MPEG-1 video track and HW decoder via VDPAU enabled
Wrong number of channels or wrong channel layout with some E-AC3 streams
Reduced contrast and desaturated colors in loaded BMP images
Selection starting at zero and ending at the last picture of video cannot be deleted
Disabling B-frames breaks VideoToolbox HW encoder (macOS only)
Bundled FFmpeg libraries have been updated to 4.4.2 release.
Euma and szlldm worked hard to bring you a nice christmas present.
- HDR video can be converted to SDR with tone mapping using a variety of methods.
- FFV1 encoder is back (it was available in Avidemux 2.5.x).
- TrueHD audio tracks can be decoded and are supported for Matroska containers.
- Decoding support for WMA9 Lossless codec.
- Filter previews have got a unified method to quickly compare filtered and unfiltered inputs via the 'Peek Original' button.
- Blend and motion interpolation options added to 'Resample FPS' filter.
- Mark cut points (segment boundaries) on the navigation slider. New buttons and shortcuts are provided to jump to these cut points.
- In the Video Filter Manager, active filters can be temporarily disabled.
- Preference added to load sequentially named pictures in reverse order, allowing to reverse video by exporting selection as JPEG images and loading the first one.
- During playback navigation is possible via keys or by dragging the navigation slider.
- Resample FPS" and "Change FPS" filters can handle up to 1000 fps.
-"Crop" filter's preview has got a translucent green masking.
-"Crop" filter's Auto Crop function can achieve perfect crops (if the selected frame is not too dark).
-The maximum output resolution of the "Resize" filter has been increased to 8192x8192
-The "Resize" filter has got a nearest neighbour scaling option.
-Improved HiDPI scaling in previews.
-x264 video encoder plugin now allows to specify color properties.
-Maximized window state, widget visibility and toolbar position are preserved after application restart.
-Timestamps in format 00:00:00.000 like copied to clipboard by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+C can be pasted into the "Go to Time" dialog using CTRL+V.
-PulseAudioSimple audio device has been replaced with full PulseAudio, making an in-application volume control available (Linux only).
-ALSA audio device plugin has been modified to use soft volume, providing application-specific volume control which works with every ALSA device.
-In the Video Filter Manager, navigation by keyboard has been enhanced.
-The VU meter ("Audio Metre") has been redesigned.
-Occasional UI unrepsonsiveness during playback should be fixed.
-Prevent navigation key events piling up.
-Thumb slider, displaced by mouse wheel, is now automatically reset if the end of video is reached, stopping Avidemux log file from filling
-Purple tint in old "Fade to" and "Fade to black" filters on macOS fixed.
-Green tint in "MPlayer eq2" filter is fixed.
- Bundled FFmpeg libraries have been updated to 4.4.1 release.
Microsoft Store : Not an official version, not related to us. Dont give them money, you would just feed parasites.
Another nice release from Euma, with some help for a change.
Many new video filters added by courtesy of szlldm
* A dedicated MOV muxer is now available, replacing silent fallback to MOV muxing mode within the MP4 muxer.
* A subset of color info relevant for HDR support is retained in copy mode when both input and output video are stored in Matroska / WebM containers. Settings to add or override color info have been added to MKV and WebM muxers.
* The indexer in the MPEG-TS demuxer now detects resolution changes in MPEG-2 and H.264 streams which are entirely unsupported and suggests aborting indexing. If the user chooses to continue, it records file offsets of all resolution changes to the log. This allows advanced users to split the file at these offsets using other tools like head and tail into chunks which can be processed with Avidemux.
* YUV varieties of the lossless Ut Video codec are supported now for decoding and encoding via bundled FFmpeg libraries. Uncompressed 24-bit audio is now supported for a subset of file formats.
* Limited support for 7.1 channel layout. Decode and stream copy support for XLL substream in DTS audio tracks.
* Audio properties are now updated on resuming playback. This allows to start saving after an audio format change. When audio format changes during playback, the FFmpeg-based audio decoder will output silence and keep format rather than producing garbage.
* An option to keep the identity of markers A and B instead of swapping them automatically has been added to Preferences.
* The keyboard shortcut for "Delete" action has been made customizable with alternative keyboard shortcuts enabled.
* Multi-threaded video decoding is now available for the bundled FFmpeg. On powerful multi-core CPUs, this can drastically improve decoding performance. A maximum of 8 threads can be created, but a conservative custom upper limit of 4 is recommended. Values above 8 cause decoding failures. Multi-threaded decoding and HW accelerated decoding are mutually exclusive, changes require application restart to have effect.
* The maximum supported resolution has been increased to 8192x8192
* The bundled FFmpeg has been updated to the 4.2.4 release.
* Non-standard display aspect ratios can be configured in MP4 muxer by specifying display width.
* MP4 muxer accepts now MPEG-1 and MPEG-2.
* The configuration dialog of the x265 video encoder plugin enjoyed massive cleanup and refactoring by Trent Piepho , more Adaptive
* Quantization Variance methods have been added.
* Python interface has been substantially extended, includes now methods to query segment properties, the number and filenames of loaded videos, PTS of keyframes, methods to seek to time with preview updated, to open file dialogs filtered by extension and a built-in method to split filename extension from a given path.
* Scripting shell now supports unicode characters.
* On macOS, files can be loaded via Finder context menu or by dropping them onto Avidemux icon in the dock.
* On Linux, Jobs GUI and the CLI executable can be launched from AppImage by creating a symlink with _jobs or _cli in filename respectively and running the AppImage via this symlink.
* Rate control was broken in some video encoders, especially in VP9 and in NVENC-based encoders, fixed now.
* Multiple issues in cut point checks for H.264 and HEVC streams in copy mode, leading to incorrect check results, were identified and resolved.
* The first two frames of external AC3 or EAC3 audio tracks are not dropped anymore. This regression from enhanced protection against false positives, added 3 years ago, has been finally identified and fixed.
* Indexing of MPEG-TS files with HEVC video was broken when video stream lacked access unit delimiters. The issue was identified and fixed right after 2.7.7 had been tagged as released and is the reason why version 2.7.7 was superseded by 2.7.8.
* VU meter was grossly ahead of audio output on Windows, now it is just a tiny little bit ahead.
* Numerous other fixes and overall polish.
2020-12-24: Microsoft Store : Not an official version, not related to us.
It seems someone is packaging free/opensource softwares and putting them on the Microsoft store. They charge a variable amount of money for that.
Avidemux is one of them.
So to make it clear :
* It is not done by us at all
* Spending money there is not helping
* They are probably breaking at least one of our licenses doing that (GPL/Binary distribution) or microsoft TOS.
So just download avidemux for free from the download links on the left and dont feed the parasites.
2020-07-07: 2.7.6: Another nice release, completely done by Euma
* New Feature:Detect and warn when cut points in HEVC video streams may result in grave playback issues despite being on keyframes
* New Video Decoder:Add libaom-based AV1 decoder
* New Video Encoder:Add libvpx-based VP9 encoder
* New Video Filter:Add hardware accelerated deinterlacer and resizer based on VA-API (Linux only)
* FFmpeg:Update to the 4.2.3 release
* Core:Increase maximum supported resolution to 4096x4096
* Core:Fix crash on macOS with HW accel. decoding enabled and H.264 video streams containing both frame- and field-encoded slices
* Encoder:Extend configuration options for NVENC-based H.264 and HEVC encoders, add 2-pass mode
* Demuxer:Support MPEG-TS files with duration in excess of 13:15:36
* Demuxer:Use DTS core from DTS XLL audio in MPEG-TS files instead of rejecting the track
* Demuxer:Fix mono MP3 audio tracks in MP4 files misdetected as stereo
* Demuxer:Try to correct timestamp jitter in MP4 files produced by older Avidemux versions
* Muxer:Fix timestamp rounding which caused pseudo-VFR output from CFR sources
* Muxer:Fix saving to network shares on Windows using the Mp4 muxer when index should be moved to the start of the file
* Muxer:Support LPCM audio in the Mp4 muxer by silently switching to the MOV muxing mode
* Muxer:Add support for Vorbis audio to the Mp4 muxer
* Filter:Fix "Fade" and "Fade to black", broken on macOS
* Filter:Allow to toggle rubber band visibility in "Crop" and "Blacken Borders" video filters
* Filter:Fix keyboard input in "Resize" video filter by recalculating values only on moving focus to another field or on accepting dialog
* Audio:Add HE-AAC and HE-AACv2 profiles to the FDK AAC encoder plugin
* Audio:Support external audio tracks in DTS format
* UI:Fix navigation slider with RTL locales
* UI:Restore the shutdown option in encoding dialog on Windows
* Scripting:Add PTS query and keyframe seek methods to Python interface
* Miscellaneous:Allow user-defined fragment size for auto-append of chunked MPEG-TS files
* Miscellaneous:Improve handling of field-encoded video streams throughout the chain
* Miscellaneous:Improve handling of H.264 video streams with parameter sets changing on the fly
* Miscellaneous:Try to keep track of video time base throughout the chain
* Miscellaneous:Numerous other fixes and polish
2019-08-31: 2.7.5: Win64 oops
Some support libraries were not properly generated. That led to issues with x265 and png support.
This release only updates the support libraries for win64, no other changes
2019-08-15: 2.7.4: Tons of bugfixes from Euma
* New Feature:Detect and warn when cut points in H.264 video streams may result in playback issues despite being on keyframes
* FFmpeg:Update to the 4.1.4 release
* Core:Fix MSVC++ builds do not run when the path to user directory contains non-ASCII characters
* Decoder:Fix DXVA2 HW accelerated decoding on Windows 7
* Decoder:Fix DXVA2 HW accelerated decoding stops sometimes on cuts
* Decoder:Enable HW accelerated decoding of 8-bit HEVC for recent versions of Intel graphics driver on Windows
* Encoder:Fix regression with saved x264 and x265 profiles not found (MSVC++ only)
* Demuxer:Dynamically load VapourSynth Script library to avoid error messages on Windows if VapourSynth is not found
* Demuxer:Provide correct average audio bitrate in the Mp4 demuxer if the exact value for the particular codec is unknown
* Demuxer:Fix crash loading MP4 file with number of audio tracks exceeding the max supported
* Demuxer:Support audio tracks in fragmented MP4 files (the variety with empty moov only)
* Demuxer:Support E-AC3 audio tracks in MP4 files
* Demuxer:Fix ASF demuxer still broken by chance with MSVC++ only, the fix relevant for all platforms
* Demuxer:Support more varieties of BMP images
* Muxer:Optimize output of the Mp4 muxer for streaming on Windows too
* Muxer:Add option to the Mp4 muxer to output fragmented MP4 files
* Muxer:Label HEVC video in Mp4 in a way compatible with QuickTime on macOS
* Filter:Fix assembly in Yadif deinterlacer with MSVC++
* UI:Enable automatic application scaling on Windows for recent Qt versions
* UI:Fix silent mode, automatically confirm dialogs instead of choosing the default option
* Audio:Support WMAPRO audio codec for decoding
* Audio:Support AAC with signal band replication (SBR) in external audio tracks
* Audio:Fix saving AAC audio tracks with SBR to a file
* Audio:Improve resilience to false positives when probing external audio files for AAC
* Miscellaneous:Fix crash with OpenGL or DXVA2 video output in 32 bits Avidemux on Windows (better late than never)
* Miscellaneous:Fix regressed handling of empty frames in MPEG-4 and FRAPS video streams
* Miscellaneous:Numerous other fixes and polish
2019-03-22: 2.7.3: VC++ bugfixing releasePlease uninstall 2.7.2 first., update is not fully working
* Vapoursynth is now dynamically loaded to avoid error popup
* ASF/WMV demuxer fix
* BMP decoder fix
* Re-enabled PNG decoder
* Basic save current state when crashing
* Misc small improvements
2019-03-15: 2.7.2: The VC++ ibeta has some teething issues .
* If you are annoyed by the warning about missing vapoursynth library, remove plugins/demuxer/libADM_dm_vapoursynth.dll (as admin)
* The PNG reader was broken, fixed in the nightly ( http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/vsWin64)
* BMP reader is unreliable
2019-03-11: 2.7.2: Another nice release from Euma. It contains a lot of changes and be considered semi-beta (i.e. more beta than usual).
* Win64 version are now compiled with Visual C++, it should help stability wise. You should de-install the previous version first
* New Demuxer:Native AviSynth demuxer (MSVC++ 64 bits Windows builds only), 64bits avisynth only !
* New Demuxer:VapourSynth demuxer to directly load .vpy scripts (MSVC++, macOS with Homebrew, custom Linux builds), 64bits vapoursynth only on win64!
* New Installer:Replace NSIS installer with Qt Installer Framework for native MSVC++ 64 bits Windows builds
* New Encoder:Add FFmpeg-based VA-API HW accelerated H.264 encoder (Intel/Linux)
* New Encoder:Add FFmpeg-based VA-API HW accelerated HEVC encoder (Intel/Linux)
* FFmpeg:Migrate to the 4.x branch
* Decoder:As a result of the FFmpeg upgrade, HW accelerated HEVC decoding on macOS is now available when supported by the hardware
* Encoder:Fix issues with image quality and skipped frames in the MJPEG encoder
* Demuxer:Fix audio delay calculation in the Mp4 demuxer
* Demuxer:Fix crash loading large MP4 files with LPCM audio
* Demuxer:Fix multiple issues in the ASF demuxer, allow to cancel indexing
* Demuxer:Allow to cancel indexing of MKV files
* Demuxer:Re-enable multiloading for MPEG-TS streams cut in chunks of 256, 512 MiB, 1, 2 and 4 GiB in size only
* Demuxer:Fix MPEG-TS indexer to start a H.264 or HEVC frame with the Access Unit Delimiter
* Muxer:Add Annex B to Annex B video stream filter to deal with misplaced frame boundaries
* Muxer:Add support for setting rotation flag to the MP4 muxer
* Filter:Add rubber band selector to the "Blacken Borders" filter
* Filter:Add option to deal with anamorphic display to the subtitle filter, fix issues in SRT to SSA converter
* UI:Autosave session on video close, add session restore feature
* UI:Add file name extension when saving audio for some audio types
* Audio:Make maximum level in the "Normalize" filter customizable
* Audio:Improve AAC sampling frequency detection
* Audio:Add decoding support for multichannel Opus audio
* Miscellaneous:Fix regression playback stuck after going to the previous picture
* Miscellaneous:Fix regression "Fade to black" reset when starting filtered playback close to the end of video
* Miscellaneous:Fix regression stopping playback rewinds to the start of video if seek back to the last displayed picture fails
|© 2001–2009 Mean <fixounet at free dot fr>|